[Libs-Or] OLA SSD 2017 conference- venue announcement & still a few presenter spots left!

OLA SSD Conference Committee olassdconference at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 09:10:51 PDT 2017

The OLA SSD 2017 conference will be Friday July 28th 2017 and we’re looking
for YOU to join us as a presenter! We’re pleased to announce that our venue
is the University of Oregon in Eugene. Our theme for 2017 is “Making field
goals: adapting and thriving in library service”.

We’re looking for traditional style presenters and interactive/panel
presenters for 2017. We have some fantastic speakers lined up that we’ll be
announcing soon, but we still have a few spots left!

Are you an expert on one of these topics and would like to present about
it? Or maybe this is a project you and your colleagues have been working on
and you want to volunteer them to lead a discussion with you? Remember that
presenters get incentives like free registration, excellent experience (for
resumes or professional development), and bragging rights.

We’re recruiting presenters/panelists who’d love to share their knowledge
on these topics:

-Diversity in libraries/literature

-Serving vulnerable populations

-Fake news and how libraries can combat its spread

-Inclusivity

-Accessibility (panelists)

-Library security

-Scheduling (panelists)

If you have a great idea that’s not listed here, just contact us! We’d love
to talk to you about it and see if it’s a good fit for this year.

If one of our sessions jumps out to you as something you’d feel confident
presenting about in either format, we’d love to hear from you. Email us at
olassdconference at gmail.com. Let us know which topic interests you, and if
you have questions about anything else conference related, we can answer
those too.

We hope you can join us in Tracktown on July 28th for a Field Day with SSD!

Keep up with OLA SSD news and announcements- follow us on our blog(
http://ola-ssd.blogspot.com/),

Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/olasupportstaffdivision)

and Twitter (https://twitter.com/ola_ssd).

Oregon Library Association Support Staff Division (OLA SSD)
2017 Conference Committee
olassdconference at gmail.com