[Libs-Or] Meeting room insurance

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 17:18:02 PDT 2017

This is the response I got back from SDAO:

From: Frank Stratton <fstratton at sdao.com>
Date: Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 5:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Libs-Or] Meeting room insurance
To: Diedre Conkling <diedre08 at gmail.com>, Scott Neufeld <sneufeld at sdao.com>

Diedre

The agent was incorrect. We do not require organizations to provide a
certificate of insurance to use a district facility.  We do recommend it
for certain things. For instance, if a park and recreation district is
going to rent out their gym for an event they should ask the renter to
provide proof of insurance, but we don't require  it.  I don't believe it
would make sense to require proof of insurance for the types of use you've
described.

Frank

--

541-265-3066Work email**: **diedre at lincolncolibrarydist.org*