[Libs-Or] Continuing Education Class - Readers' Advisory: Fiction I (January 15 - May 3, 2019)

Pierina Parise pparise at emporia.edu
Fri Dec 14 15:07:29 PST 2018

Emporia State University's MLS program will be offering another continuing education opportunity: Readers' Advisory - Fiction I, starting in January, and taught by our dean, Dr. Wooseob Jeong.

In this semester-long (15 weeks) class, fully online, you will read a genre fiction a week. This is the first part of a three-section Readers' Advisory (RA) Series (Fiction I, Nonfiction and Fiction II). This particular semester will cover Historical Fiction, Mystery, Thrillers, Westerns, Romances and Women's Fiction, along with various utilities in RA including Novelist Plus, bestseller lists, Goodreads, etc. If you are not familiar with any of these genres, this is a great opportunity for you. You will read, discuss, and learn with current Emporia students in the class.

Seats are limited and registration ends on January 6, 2019. The registration fee for this non-credit section is $125. Please, register at:

https://secure.touchnet.com/C20725_ustores/web/classic/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCTID=607

If you need graduate level college credit, you must enroll in the regular class section, LI 861 XM.  Please contact Kathie Buckman < kbuckman at emporia.edu > for further assistance.

Thank you very much and Happy Holidays!