[Libs-Or] tax forms / two questions

Liz Paulus LizP at wccls.org
Thu Dec 27 12:36:32 PST 2018

A quick note, since we've started the tax form conversation:

If you haven't already heard, the tax forms are now just "one form to rule them all - the 1040" (plus some new schedules.)

The tax reform bill of 2017 is coming into action for the 2018 tax year, and our patrons that use paper forms will be confused, in one way or another. Read about it here: https://www.irs.gov/tax-reform

In addition, the state forms will change as well to match or compensate for federal changes. The forms are not online yet, but Publication 17 ½ is available for the 2018 tax year. Read it here: https://www.oregon.gov/DOR/forms/FormsPubs/publication-or-17_101-431_2018.pdf

I'm thinking it's a really good year to brush up on your "sorry, I am not a tax attorney and cannot advise you on what forms you need" script - because almost all the regular forms we are used to giving out are different.

Happy New Year, and best wishes for the tax season!

Liz Paulus
Web Services Librarian / Adult Services

Find us on:
Twitter<http://twitter.com/cedarmilllib> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/CedarMillLibraries> | Meetup<http://www.meetup.com/The-Wiser-Society> | Instagram<http://instagram.com/cedarmilllibrary>

Cedar Mill & Bethany Community Libraries
12505 NW Cornell Road Suite 13
Portland, OR 97229
library.cedarmill.org<http://library.cedarmill.org/>
503.644.0043 ext. 131