[Libs-Or] Helping library users with Census data? ALA needs examples!

Arlene Weible arlene.weible at state.or.us
Wed Jul 25 15:23:29 PDT 2018

The ALA Washington Office is looking for examples of libraries helping users access Census Bureau data. Please send any examples from your local community to Gavin Baker, whose contact info is below.
Here is their specific request:
"We are particularly looking for specific stories that illustrate the impact that libraries have in helping their communities find and use this data. We would be especially interested in examples where the data user was, for instance, a local business, government agency, or community organization. The example might be a library providing outreach, a workshop or seminar, a partnership, reference services, etc. Please include the library's name and location along with a specific description of the example. These examples may be used for publication. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. Thank you!
Gavin Baker, MSLIS
Assistant Director of Government Relations
American Library Association
gbaker at alawash.org<mailto:gbaker at alawash.org>
(202) 628-8410

Thanks!
--Arlene

Arlene Weible, MLS
Electronic Services Consultant
Oregon Federal Regional Depository Coordinator
arlene.weible at state.or.us<mailto:arlene.weible at state.or.us> | 503-378-5020 | www.oregon.gov/osl/ld<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/ld>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/orlibsupport> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ORLibSupport> | Tumblr<http://www.statelibraryor.tumblr.com/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>
[cid:image003.png at 01D2BCD4.A65A4C70]