[Libs-Or] Information about George and Oregon Battle of the Books,

Tony tony_greiner at hotmail.com
Sun May 6 18:11:02 PDT 2018

I read George the story of the transexual child that was selected as the "Battle of the Books" selection today.  What upset me the most is that the author gives away (in detail) the ending of Charlotte's Web, beginning in chapter 2, and then throughout the book.  I find this unforgiveable.  Charlotte's Web is a book every child should read with an open mind and an open heart, not knowing what will happen. To tell the ending is a terrible thing to do to anyone who hasn't yet read it, and giving the reading level of "George" I think that will be the case for many of the children who read George.

I know...off topic to the "Battle of the Books" question, but really, did the committee think this book was so good as to  take from children of one of the great works of their literature?

Tony Greiner

Primo and Alma: Making WorldCat Local Look Good
**tony_greiner at hotmail.com**