[Libs-Or] Grant Opps: Autism Welcome Here, Awesome Foundation, & Ezra Jack Keats Mini-Grant

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Wed Oct 24 11:03:16 PDT 2018

Please pardon the cross-posting.

Hi,

Besides the Ezra Jack Keats Foundation Mini-Grant that Penny Hummel pointed out (see below), here’s information about two additional grant opportunities.

Autism Welcome Here
This grant is sponsored by Libraries and Autism: We’re Connected, and applications are due December 1, 2018. “Each year, a total of $5,000.00 will be awarded. Depending on the applications received, one grant for the full amount or multiple grants for smaller amounts totaling $5,000.00 may be awarded. Any type of library in the United States or Canada can apply, and the proposal can fund projects and services for any age group. Applicants may propose to initiate a new, creative program or service, bring an already-existing, successful program or service to their library for the first time, or enhance a program or service they already offer. All programs or services proposed must benefit people with autism or their families, directly or indirectly. Funds may be used to hire a trainer to present a workshop, to buy program materials, to pay for staff, etc.”

            http://librariesandautism.org/grant/

Awesome Foundation
Libraries seem to be eligible for the basic and library-focused grants. “Have a crazy brilliant idea that needs funding? We award $1,000 grants every month. It couldn't be simpler! Your idea is yours alone. We don't want a stake in it. We just want to help you make it happen!”

https://www.awesomefoundation.org/
            https://www.awesomefoundation.org/en/about_us

This is about the library-specific grant: “We believe that strong libraries create better educated citizens and communities with stronger social ties. The Awesome Libraries Chapter was created by a small working group of passionate librarians within Library Pipeline who wanted to provide a catalyst for prototyping both technical and non-technical library innovations that embody the principles of diversity, inclusivity, creativity, and risk-taking. Naturally, we embedded these principles into the grant selection guidelines. We are thankful for our dedicated team of trustees and sponsors who make this initiative possible. If you have an awesome library project that fits within these principles, we want your application! We will fund projects on a quarterly model in 2018: March/June/September/December. Applications are welcome at any time.”

https://www.awesomefoundation.org/en/chapters/libraries

Thanks,
Jen

Jen Maurer, MLS