[Libs-Or] Opportunity to publish - Journal of Intellectual Freedom and Privacy

Krista Reynolds kmreynolds at cu-portland.edu
Mon Feb 4 11:30:09 PST 2019

Greetings,

The editor of the Journal of Intellectual Freedom and Privacy (JIFP), an ALA publication, asked me to pass along the following message.  Her contact information is at the bottom of this email if you have questions.

Krista Reynolds (co-chair of the Oregon Intellectual Freedom Committee)
________________________________

Hello! I'm writing to share news about the Journal of Intellectual Freedom and Privacy (JIFP). We are seeking several different kinds of contributors, and we hope some people in your state association can participate:

  *   Book reviews: 800-1000 words; review of a recent book (from a list we maintain).  If interested, please contact the editor at shannon.oltmann at uky.edu<mailto:shannon.oltmann at uky.edu> for a list of books and further guidelines.
  *   Commentaries: 500-1500 words; short think pieces, essays, or opinion pieces on topics pertaining to intellectual freedom and privacy in libraries or the broader world; reviewed by editor.
  *   Features: 4000-8000 words; research papers (including literature reviews, theoretical or critical analyses, or empirical research articles); peer-reviewed.

We interpret intellectual freedom and privacy very broadly (not just in libraries, but across the broader world), so if you have a possibly-related paper, please contact the editor (shannon.oltmann at uky.edu<mailto:shannon.oltmann at uky.edu>).

Special Notes:

  *   Happy to work with first-time authors
  *   Indexed by ProQuest and Ebsco
  *   Turn-around time is generally very fast (two to four months)
  *   Quarterly publication with rolling submission deadlines
  *   We use Chicago style (author-date) for citations but can work directly with authors to help them implement this

Questions? Visit our website https: https://journals.ala.org/index.php/jifp/index or contact the editor, Shannon M. Oltmann.

Shannon M. Oltmann, Ph.D.
Pronouns: she/her/hers
Associate Professor
College Diversity Officer
School of Information Science
College of Communication & Information
University of Kentucky
shannon.oltmann at uky.edu<mailto:shannon.oltmann at uky.edu>
859-257-0788 (p)
859-257-4205 (f)
Editor, Journal of Intellectual Freedom and Privacy