[Libs-Or] Funding announcement from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine PNR

Carolyn M Martin martinc4 at uw.edu
Mon Mar 25 10:32:11 PDT 2019

Hello everyone,

The National Network of Libraries of Medicine Pacific Northwest Region (NNLM PNR) has a funding opportunity to those in our region which includes Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington state. Please note, deadlines are coming up soon so if you have any interest or questions do not hesitate to contact us at nnlm at uw.edu<mailto:nnlm at uw.edu>

Under cooperative agreement with the U.S. National Library of Medicine and in partnership with the National Institutes of Health All of Us Research Program, the NNLM PNR is pleased to announce two new funding opportunities<https://nnlm.gov/pnr/funding>: the  NNLM All of Us Community Engagement Award<https://nnlm.gov/pnr/funding/nnlm-all-us-community-engagement-award> for up to $100,000; and the NNLM All of Us Health Literacy Outreach Award<https://nnlm.gov/pnr/funding/nnlm-all-us-health-literacy-outreach-award> for up to $19,000.  These funding opportunities will support  outreach projects to increase health literacy and community engagement about health, and increase awareness of the NIH All of Us Research Program<https://www.joinallofus.org/en?utm_source=nlm&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=nlm-national-awareness>.

For tips about useful programming ideas and resources for either of the 2 above awards, please see this informational video<https://youtu.be/Gkc6GZbVyFA>.

The deadline for completed applications for either award is May 1, 2019 at 3:00 Pacific Time.  Applicants planning to submit an application must send a Letter of Intent to nnlm at uw.edu<mailto:nnlm at uw.edu> no later than Wednesday, April 3, that provides a brief summary of the project to be proposed and the type of award application to be submitted. Preference will be given to proposals submitted by public libraries, or to organizations with plans to collaborate with a public library partner.

If you have a question, or need assistance with either type of award application, please contact us at nnlm at uw.edu<mailto:nnlm at uw.edu> and additional information<https://news.nnlm.gov/pnr/announcing-new-nnlm-all-of-us-funding-opportunities/> is also available on our blog.

We want to fund good ideas and hope to see proposals from all states of the NNLM PNR!  More information<https://news.nnlm.gov/pnr/announcing-new-nnlm-all-of-us-funding-opportunities/> is also available on our blog.

Carolyn Martin, MLS, AHIP / Consumer Health Coordinator
NNLM Pacific Northwest Region
University of Washington Health Sciences Library
Box 357155
Seattle, WA 98195-7155
206-221-3449
martinc4 at uw.edu<mailto:martinc4 at uw.edu>