[Libs-Or] OLA Quarterly Author Showcase | April Spisak, Albany Public Library | Youth Services Take Over the OLA Quarterly!

OLA Communications Committee olacommunications at olaweb.org
Sat Jul 25 14:34:23 PDT 2020

April Spisak currently serves as Head of Youth Services at Albany Public
Library. She is also guest editor of the current issue of the OLA
Quarterly, Youth Services Take Over the OLA Quarterly! Please read what she
has to say about serving in youth services and who inspired her to do so
here: From the Guest Editor
http://journals3.library.oregonstate.edu/olaq/article/view/vol25_iss4_2

“The convergence of all good things happened when I finally realized, after
getting a relatively unusable BA, that I should be a youth services
librarian. Working with librarians, parents, literature, and, of course,
young people themselves has been the core of my life for over 20 years now.
I am inspired daily by youth services librarians and what we are each doing
in our own little corners of the world, and I’ve been a participant as a
librarian, educator, reviewer, researcher, and even as a parent so I’ve
seen the work from diverse perspectives.

You can read the full issue here:
http://journals3.library.oregonstate.edu/olaq/issue/view/vol25_iss4
<http://ola.memberclicks.net/message2/link/d43331d0-4cdc-43a7-8abb-bafc90de74da/1>

This issue was written before the events that began this spring. The OLA
Quarterly coordinator takes full responsibility for the delays in
publication.

Thank you,
Charles Wood
OLA Quarterly Coordinator