[Libs-Or] PBS Books: Upcoming Virtual Library Engagements

Heather-Marie Montilla hmontilla at pbsbooks.org
Sat May 16 04:40:53 PDT 2020

Dear Library Colleagues,

(I apologize if you’ve already received this…)

I wanted to share with you a few exciting engagement events that PBS Books
has been working on for libraries to share with their communities.  We are
looking for library partners for these projects.  Going forward, we hope to
provide at least two programs monthly (one for kids and one for adults).

All virtual engagements will be Facebook Live events on the PBS Books page
and we'll record it for you to share later too.

Sign up here (or below): https://forms.gle/dMzBX7bwpgN9efWw9

Here's our line up:

1*) **Wednesday, May 20 at 7pm ET | 4pm PT: **Mental Health Awareness Month
with the author Leysa Cerswell Kielburger of WE Well-Being Playbook and
Panel Discussion*

  -Check out the book here:
https://staticsb.we.org/f/52095/x/f55e150fe6/we-well-being-playbook-taking-care-of-you-during-covid-19.pdf?_ga=2.202123025.1085861523.1589311410-1708054398.1588862015

2) *Thursday, May 21 at 3:30pm ET|12:30pm PT: **Asian American and Pacific
Islander Heritage Month Celebration for Kids (Ages 5-12) with Minh Le
(Author) and Dan Santat (Illustrator) of Drawn Together and Discussion*

Check out the book: https://youtu.be/D9o_4YUF-vw

3) *Thursday, June 4 at 2pm ET|11am PT **Trailblazing Women for Kids with
Suzanne Slade (Author) and Cozbi Cabrera (Illustrator) of Exquisite: The
Poetry and Life of Gwendolyn Brooks and Discussion*

(Gwendolyn Brooks was the First African American to win the Pulitzer Prize
in 1950.)

Check out: https://www.facebook.com/591975150932241/videos/240794287106506

Or sign up here: https://forms.gle/dMzBX7bwpgN9efWw9

If you have an idea for a program or suggestion, please let me know...I am
working to create these in response to your ideas --I value your opinion!!!

Thank you,

Be well,

Heather

--