[Libs-Or] What we do matters

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org
Fri May 22 09:31:43 PDT 2020

Hey folks,

I wanted to take a minute and share an incredibly kind note we received yesterday from one of our patrons. Yesterday was tough; we started curbside this week, and figuring out a process and working with patrons who don't understand physical distancing has left us all feeling a bit frayed. But this note was a timely reminder that what we do matters. Thank you, Oregon library community, for supporting our communities and each other.

"Dear Driftwood Library,

Thank you thank you so much for everything. In particular I was a LUCKY super super lucky duck to have one of the WiFi hotspots. Like you, I was deemed essential and was struggling w/ the risks of exposure but ready to work & for 1 brief week was allowed to work from home! I would not have been able to do that otherwise. Also because of the stress of the public relying on us to provide them answers, information or just venty/ranting because it was the only live voice to p/u a phone they could find- I truly relied on the escape the WiFi connection provided in the form of entertainment. I am also very proud and appreciative of your compilation of relevant news/resources on your website- WORLDS above other major city's. I always knew you were amazing but thank you for astonishing even a lifelong library devotee & fan.

Take care & hope to see you soon,

[redacted]"

[dwsquare2]

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney
LIBRARY DIRECTOR
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
__

City of Lincoln City  |  Driftwood Public Library
801 SW Hwy 101 Ste 201  |  Lincoln City, OR
P: 541.996-1251
E: kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org<mailto:kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org>  | W: driftwoodlib.org