[Libs-Or] FW: Call for Volunteers: ARSL Leadership Institute Focus Groups

Arlene Weible arlene.weible at state.or.us
Tue Oct 13 16:09:27 PDT 2020

[https://arsl.memberclicks.net/assets/site/arsl.png]

Hi there, !

Do you have opinions about what it takes to lead a library in a rural and/or small town? We would love to hear your thoughts.

We are currently developing ARSL’s Leadership Institute, Outstanding in Their Field. As we design the outline of learning sessions, we are looking for feedback from those with no leadership experience and from those who have already been leaders in small/rural libraries. We would like to invite you to join us for a conversation on Nov. 5 or 6 in Zoom to help us refine our vision for ARSL Outstanding.

“What can I expect?” you ask?

We need a total of 15 - 20 volunteers for these engaging 30-minute focus groups. If selected to participate we will put you in one of 3 groups of 5 – 7 participants:

  *   Group 1 - People without much leadership experience. What would you like to learn?

  *   Group 2 - People who have already been a library leader. You've been around the block and can tell us where the caution signs are.

  *   Group 3 - A mix of folks.

Two priorities of the ARSL Outstanding team are to include in our focus groups library staff who are Black, Indigenous, or other People of Color (BIPOC) and library staff who work extensively with BIPOC and/or immigrant communities. If you can speak to either of those priorities we would strongly encourage you to consider participating.

Interested? Please go here<http://arsl.memberclicks.net/message2/link/5052c8aa-ce7f-4be0-9161-bf08d44739a6/1> and fill out the form by Tuesday, October 20. We will contact you shortly thereafter to let you know if your name has been selected for participation. Questions may be directed to info at arsl.org<mailto:info at arsl.org>.

Thank you!

Kieran Hixon & Sharon Morris

Curriculum Co-Designers

Disclaimer: No library staff have been or will be harmed in the making of these focus groups. ☺