[Libs-Or] Seeking title of a book

KRIST OBRIST KOBRIST at ci.monmouth.or.us
Fri Sep 18 08:28:33 PDT 2020

I have a patron searching for the title of a book:

"It's a biographical type story (may be based on her experiences?) and the
author still lives in Portland with her husband and children.

I think it's set in the 70's. The main character meets a cowboy/loner bad
boy type and they end up together, even though she is very naive and
inexperienced. I believe she was living on a communal farm at the time.

They travel all over Oregon working odd jobs, living hand to mouth, very
simply. They work as ranch hands at a resort called Red's Horse Ranch (I
think). A few times she connects with her parents in Portland and they
really disapprove of her life and try to get her to come home.

Eventually they get married, have some kids and move to Portland.

Not a great synopsis, but it should be enough for someone that knows the
book."

I haven't had any luck searching, hoping someone has read this book and can
direct me either to the author or the title.

Thanks....Krist
Krist Obrist, Library Director
Monmouth Public Library
168 Ecols St. S., Monmouth, OR 97361
503-751-0193 || Facebook: MonmouthPublicLibrary
kobrist at ci.monmouth.or.us