[Libs-Or] Call for Applications: Library Freedom's 2022 Privacy for Library Systems & Policies Crash Course

Meredith Farkas meredith.farkas at pcc.edu
Mon Dec 13 09:47:10 PST 2021

Hey Library Worker!

Want to learn about protecting patron privacy in meaningful, actionable
ways, as part of a supportive, social justice-minded community of practice?

Library Freedom Project is now accepting applications to our 2022
Privacy for Library Systems & Policies Crash Course. The Crash Courses
are free, privacy-focused two-month trainings for librarians to teach
them how to become privacy champions.

In the Systems & Policies Crash Course, we're focusing on privacy in
library infrastructure. Topics will include:
creating good privacy and data governance policies
conducting privacy audits
working with library IT
understanding vendor agreements from a privacy perspective
and more!
It'll cover some technical stuff, but it's intended for library workers
without a formal technical background or role.

This Crash Course will begin in February 2022, dates TBD. The
application period ends on January 15th, 2022, and applicants will be
notified by February 1st.  Application questions and FAQ can be found on
our website: libraryfreedom.org/crashcourse
--
Alison Macrina
Director
alison at libraryfreedom.org