[Libs-Or] More than words

Marci Jenkins Marci.Jenkins at mcminnvilleoregon.gov
Wed Dec 22 11:30:48 PST 2021

Shout out to our colleagues teacher-librarians from Jefferson School-Westminster CO. Representation is the inspiration to challenge censorship.
Growing up without representation separate children and youth of color from their identity and impede other children to learn the values of tolerance, respect and freedom. Challenging is more than condemning, is inspiring change, educating others about the importance of a cause and highlighting its advocates. Below pictures shared by Jefferson School library staff.  Great job #JAReaders!

[cid:image002.png at 01D7F723.9F654850][cid:image003.png at 01D7F723.EB08FDB0]

[cid:image004.png at 01D7F725.23CD59B0][cid:image005.png at 01D7F725.23CD59B0][cid:image006.png at 01D7F725.23CD59B0]

Marci Ramiro-Jenkins
Public Librarian/ Latino Community Liaison
Oregon Library Association Vice President/President Elect
503-435-5568
[cid:image001.png at 01D7F721.E530A1B0]
"Our ability to reach unity in diversity will be the beauty and the test of our civilization."
-Mahatma Gandhi