[Libs-Or] Book a Trainer service

Jennifer Pedersen pedersenj at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 10:55:52 PST 2021

Hello,

We run a Book a Librarian service for individual research needs and are
thinking about creating a similar Book a Trainer service so community
groups and organizations can request a librarian to provide training on
basic computer skills or library resources.

We're hoping to supplement computer class numbers which have been declining
over the past couple of years and provide better outreach to our community
on our resources and services. We have tools in place to connect librarians
with students and classrooms and this would be geared toward adult
learning.

We're wondering if any other libraries are offering a similar service? If
so, we'd love to hear about your experiences.

Jenny Pedersen

Community Librarian

Deschutes Public Library

(541) 617-7089