[Libs-Or] Grant Project Aims to Introduce Librarianship to Black, Indigenous, and People of Color IMLS Funds $150, 000 BIPOC Become Librarians Project

Max Macias max.macias at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 07:54:23 PDT 2022

[FYI-please share!]

The San José State University’s Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library and
School of Information, in partnership with San José Public Library, were
recently awarded a $150,000 grant from the Institute of Library and Museum
Services for the Laura Bush 21st Century Librarian program aimed at
introducing undergraduate students who are Black, Indigenous, and People of
Color to professional careers in the library and information science and
archives fields.

[You can read the rest of the article here
<https://ischool.sjsu.edu/news/grant-project-aims-introduce-librarianship-black-indigenous-and-people-color>
.]

--
-
Max Macias [image: A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in

Social media is mind control.

The ideas expressed in these emails in no way represent any organization's
viewpoints, or opinions.  The opinions, ideas and reflections are my own
personal intellectual property.

Publishing

Lowrider Librarian <http://lowriderlibrarian.blogspot.com/>
Librarians With Spines  <https://www.librarianswithspines.com/>