[Libs-Or] Strange phone call from "Ultimate Blogger"

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org
Thu Aug 25 13:55:12 PDT 2022

Hey library folk,

Another staff member and I both spoke today with a very strange person who was claiming that he was with some internet thing called "Ultimate Blogger" and that they were going to come film here at the library on Monday. Has anyone else experienced this? I have no idea what his game is; my staff member and I both got the feeling that it was some kind of scam, yet we couldn't figure out the motive. He had a long spiel about how money was going to pour into the City because of the video hits. There was also something about giving Dalmatians to fire departments(???). I ended up telling him that since we're a public space, he could film as long as he didn't interfere with anyone's use of the library. I haven't been able to find anything online about him or his blog.

We did have someone quietly filming in the library yesterday, which was a bit odd, but he didn't try to speak with anyone other than to compliment the library to me on his way out the door.

[dwsquare2]

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney
LIBRARY DIRECTOR
Pronouns: She/Her/They/Their
__

City of Lincoln City  |  Driftwood Public Library
801 SW Hwy 101 Ste 201  |  Lincoln City, OR
P: 541.996-1251
E: kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org<mailto:kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org>  | W: driftwoodlib.org