[Libs-Or] Contract for presenters/performers

Rachel Humpert rhumpert at lincolncity.org
Sat Aug 27 12:20:33 PDT 2022

I am away from the library and will return on Tuesday, September 6

If you need immediate assistance, please contact Library Director Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney at kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org or call the circulation desk at 541-996-2277.

Otherwise, I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you!

On Jul 15, 2022, at 12:25 PM, Sonstegaard, Elizabeth via Libs-Or <libs-or at omls.oregon.gov> wrote:

Hi- I'm seeking examples of contracts for presenters and/or performers for adult programming in public libraries.  Our city recently revised their independent contractor contract, and it now includes the clause: "Be responsible for health, accident, and general liability insurance, which includes sexual abuse and molestation coverage, for itself and its employees during the presentation".   Unlike professional children's performers, most of the adult programming presenters we host are local citizens sharing their interest/talent/expertise, and don't have a separate insurance policy that covers these areas.  I would appreciate any insight!

Thanks,
Elizabeth Sonstegaard