[Libs-Or] Unpacking "Confronting Fear When Calling In and Calling Out" - Thrs. 7/7 at 7:30 p.m.

Rachel Humpert rhumpert at lincolncity.org
Sat Aug 27 12:25:06 PDT 2022

I will be away from the Library until Tuesday, September 6. If you need immediate assistance, please call Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney at 541-

On Jul 5, 2022, at 9:32 AM, Unpacking Discussion Group via Libs-Or <libs-or at omls.oregon.gov> wrote:

Hi all,

Please excuse the cross-posting.

Join us this Thursday, July 7 at 7:30 p.m. for our July "Unpacking" discussion dealing with fear when calling in and calling out. Want more information on calling in and calling out before the discussion? Visit the Unpacking blog to read the recap from when the group met in May.

To receive Unpacking updates and the Zoom link, sign up here: https://unpackingdiscussion.weebly.com/about--contact.html (click "register").

You can also follow the blog for additional resources and discussion recaps. https://unpackingdiscussion.weebly.com/

Let us know what questions you have and we hope to see lots of you on Thursday!

Best,
The Unpacking Team
unpackingdiscussion.weebly.com
unpackingdiscussion at gmail.com
Caitlin McMahan (she/her) Eugene Public Library
Taylor Worley (she/her) Springfield Public Library
Brittany Young (she/her) Lane County Law Library

Unpacking is a discussion-based forum created to provide a space in which white and white-identifying individuals can examine the realities of their white privilege. Through conversation, we explore how to actively dismantle systems which oppress Black, Indigenous, and People of Color and from which all white and white-identifying individuals benefit. Unpacking is designed for the communal education of white and white-identifying individuals, but welcomes all people who would like to contribute to or engage in this work. Additionally, though Unpacking is rooted in conversations about race, we welcome a broad range of topics which can help libraries and museums to become more diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible.