[Libs-Or] OVERDUE: Weeding Out Oppression in Libraries Episode 4: Advocating for Marginalized Community Through Outreach with Star Khan

Rachel Humpert rhumpert at lincolncity.org
Sat Aug 27 12:31:00 PDT 2022

I am away from the library and will return on Tuesday, September 6

If you need immediate assistance, please contact Library Director Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney at kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org or call the circulation desk at 541-996-2277.

Otherwise, I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you!

On Jun 30, 2022, at 8:17 AM, OLA Communications Committee via Libs-Or <libs-or at omls.oregon.gov> wrote:

OVERDUE: Weeding Out Oppression in Libraries
Episode 4: Advocating for Marginalized Community Through Outreach with Star Khan
https://www.buzzsprout.com/1948067/10878143

In this episode, we talk with Star Khan, Outreach Services Librarian
at Driftwood Public Library, about outreach as a core library service,
how she sees herself and her work as part of a larger community, and
the role that outreach plays in equity work.

Since the recording of this interview, Star was elected as the
incoming 2022-2023 OLA President, to begin in August.

Date of Interview: May 18, 2022
Hosts: Max Macias and Kristen Curé
OLA EDI & Antiracism Toolkit: https://bit.ly/3qSMDF7