[Libs-Or] Survey: World Language Materials

Katherine Knox Katherine.Knox at hillsboro-oregon.gov
Fri Dec 9 12:29:13 PST 2022

Hello all,

I am interested in writing an article about how different public libraries provide world language materials (this will also be useful information for my own library). If you have a moment, I would love some feedback on the following:

  1.  What criteria does your library use to determine which world languages to provide?
  2.  Within those languages, how are materials chosen? As in, do you have librarians that specialize in those languages; do you have a vendor send a selection of their choosing; or another method?
  3.  In what way do you display your world language collection? Is everything grouped (such as all reading levels grouped together) or divided by age/reading level throughout the library (juvenile, young adult, adult areas)?
  4.  Finally, do you offer all language materials in your outreach efforts?

Thank you for taking the time to answer!
Katherine

Katherine L Knox | Library Assistant

City of Hillsboro, Oregon | Hillsboro Public Library

email katherine.knox at hillsboro-oregon.gov

www.hillsboro-oregon.gov/Library

Member of Washington County Cooperative Library Services (WCCLS) | http://www.wccls.org