[Libs-Or] COVID-19 rapid test kits

NIELSEN Buzzy * SLO Buzzy.NIELSEN at slo.oregon.gov
Thu Jan 6 08:43:47 PST 2022

Hi folks,

Several of you asked us at the State Library about the recent news<https://ktvz.com/news/coronavirus/2021/12/30/oregon-health-authority-orders-12-million-at-home-covid-19-tests/> that the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) has ordered 12 million COVID-19 antigen rapid test kits for distribution locally. We reached out to OHA to ask whether interested libraries could be sites to distribute these free testing kits in the community.

OHA said that libraries would be a great distribution point for such tests. OHA is distributing the tests directly to county and tribal health departments, so the best place for libraries to contact if you're interested in distributing tests to the public is your local county or tribal health authority. You can see a directory of county health authorities here<https://www.oregon.gov/oha/ph/providerpartnerresources/localhealthdepartmentresources/pages/lhd.aspx>. Academic libraries may want to contact your school's health department first.

We continue to monitor COVID updates relevant to libraries, so if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Stay safe, stay healthy,

Buzzy Nielsen, MPP, MSI (he/him/his)
Program Manager, Library Support & Development Services
State Library of Oregon
buzzy.nielsen at slo.oregon.gov | 971-375-3486
www.oregon.gov/library/libraries<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[Logo for the Library Support & Development Services division at the State Library of Oregon]<http://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>