[Libs-Or] ESU-SLIM Continuing Education: New Manga class added

Jeana Menger jmenger at emporia.edu
Mon Jan 10 18:00:38 PST 2022

Emporia State University's School of Library and Information Management has added a new continuing education course to the spring schedule:

Graphic Novels & Manga in Libraries
Jan. 19-May 6, 2022
Registration for this 16-week course is $250 per person.
A survey of graphic novels, manga, and related media, this course focuses on sequential art in libraries, with a particular emphasis on resources with youth appeal. Students explore related sociocultural and political issues through the contexts of various resources, collection programming and promotion, and intellectual freedom.
Learn more and register for Graphic Novels & Manga in Libraries<https://bit.ly/CE-MANGA>.

There is also still time to register for these Emporia State University continuing education courses:

Jan. 19-March 11, 2022
Registration for each of these 8-week courses is $150 per person.

Design & Marketing for Librarians
Design isn't just for designers! Learn the basics of design principles, standards, and skills and how to use them to promote your library's programs.
Learn more and register for Design & Marketing for Librarians<https://bit.ly/CE-DSG>.

Introduction to Rare Books & Special Collections
Gain the core skills and knowledge to excel in the world of rare books and special collections.
Learn more and register for Introduction to Rare Books & Special Collections<https://bit.ly/CE-RBK>.

Time Management Skills
Ever get to the end of the day and think to yourself, "I'm exhausted, but what did I accomplish?" Effective time management can make a huge difference in your productivity and work satisfaction.
Learn more and register for Time Management Skills<https://bit.ly/CE-TMG>.

[Emporia State University]
Jeana Menger, MLS
West Coast MLS Academic Advisor
School of Library and Information Management
Emporia State University
620-794-5436
www.emporia.edu/slim/<http://www.emporia.edu/slim/>