[Libs-Or] NNNLM Region 5 Library Carpentry Workshop: Winter Session (February 2022)

Michele Spatz mspatz at uw.edu
Fri Jan 14 13:56:17 PST 2022

NNLM Region 5 is excited to announce we will be hosting two free online sessions of Library Carpentry in Winter and Spring of 2022. Both sessions have 25 spots available and cover the same content/material.

The Winter session will be February 22-24, 6:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. SST, 7:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. HST, 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. AKST , 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. PST, (February 23-25) 3:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. ChST; register here!<https://nnlm.gov/training/class/region-5-library-carpentry-workshop-winter-session-february-2022> Registration will close Tuesday, February 15th, 6:00pm PST. Notification of your registration approval and the Zoom link will be provided by Friday, February 18th, noon PST.

Library Carpentry focuses on building software and data skills within library and information-related communities. Their hands-on, approachable workshops empower people in a variety of roles to use software and data in their own work and support effective, efficient, reproducible practices. Learn more about Library Carpentry on their website.<https://librarycarpentry.org/about/>

For more information on the Region 5 Library Carpentry Workshop (Winter Session), please visit our Region 5 Blog post<https://news.nnlm.gov/region_5/library-carpentry/>.

The Library Carpentry workshops are open to all, and the training will focus on skills for library workers. We encourage anyone interested in Library Carpentry skills to register, no prior knowledge is needed. We will prioritize registration from Region 5 states (Alaska, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, and U.S. Territories and Freely Associated States); however, if we are not able to fill all 25 spots with Region 5 participants we will be accepting non-Region 5 registrants on a first come first serve basis.

Any questions about the Library Carpentry workshops can be directed to Nancy Shin or Daina Dickman at nnlm at uw.edu<mailto:nnlm at uw.edu>
***

Michele Spatz, MLS
Outreach and Engagement Coordinator
Network of the National Library of Medicine (NNLM), Region 5
(AK,CA,HI,NV,OR,WA and U.S. Associated Territories and Freely Associated States)
University of Washington
Seattle, WA  98195
Email: mspatz at uw.edu
Phone: 206-543-8262