[Libs-Or] Job posting: Children's Services Assistant

Rachael Fox rachael at hoodriverlibrary.org
Sat Jan 15 06:49:05 PST 2022

Hello everyone,

We're looking for someone great to join our children's services team at
Hood River County Library District. Please let me know if you have any
questions.

Thank you,

Rachael

**Rachael Fox *(she/her)
*Library Director*
Hood River County Library District
541.387.7062 | www.hoodriverlibrary.org*

*
*

*Job Announcement
*Children's Services Assistant
Closing Date: Open until filled. First review begins Friday, February 4,
5pm.*
*

*Job description*

The Hood River County Library District seeks applicants interested in
developing meaningful community relationships and dynamic,
ever-expanding outreach programs that identify and address the literacy
needs of children and youth in Hood River County, with special emphasis
on meeting the needs of Spanish-speaking families.The Children's
Services Assistant provides services directly to patrons of all ages at
the public service desks at all three library branches and outside the
library buildings in the community. The Children's Services Assistant
provides programming for children and families, and promotes children’s
services and programs in the community.

The individual in this position must enjoy working with people of all
ages, especially children, have excellent customer service skills, and
have the ability to learn to use integrated library system software. The
successful candidate preferably will be fluent in English and Spanish.
The position reports to the Library Director.

Application packets, together with the job description and job
announcement, are available online at
https://hoodriverlibrary.org/employment/.

--
*Rachael Fox *(she/her)