[Libs-Or] digital checkout limits

Kris Wiley KWiley at cityofroseburg.org
Tue Jul 5 16:10:50 PDT 2022

Hello, all,

Wondering if this has happened to you and/or you have a policy or procedure in place that speaks to this.

We have a patron who has begun to check out upwards of 250 digital items monthly. What is interesting is the patron is checking out and checking in a few titles 10 to 15 times in the month even though the default checkout period for each item is 21 days. This is through cloudLibrary, which does not have a setting for capping the number of checkouts on the collection that is shared among a few Oregon libraries.

We have our standard limits for number of checkouts/holds at one time on our digital platforms, but we do not have language in our Circulation Policy regarding monthly limits, which is where it feels to me this would be covered.

I would appreciate any thoughts you have on similar experiences or policies that cover this situation.

Thanks in advance!

Kris Wiley

Roseburg Public Library

541-492-7051

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the named addressee, disclosure, distribution, copying or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is prohibited.