[Libs-Or] An exciting grant opportunity for public libraries - The GIS-Mapping Exchange

Spencer Keller spkeller at pdx.edu
Wed Jul 6 11:39:55 PDT 2022

 The GIS-Mapping Exchange is an Institute of Museum and Library Services
(IMLS)-funded partnership between academics, geospatial data professionals,
and public libraries. Our goal is to establish an innovative training
program and collaborative networking platform between public library staff,
geospatial data professionals, and patrons. More simply, we want to support
librarians that want to learn how to create maps, work with geospatial
data, and more!

With the generous funding we received from IMLS, we are now starting a
two-year project that will directly fund and support teams of librarians
from around the country to partner with geospatial data professionals in
their local communities and carry out some sort of geospatial project.

Libraries that wish to play a role in this project can apply for up to $5000
in funding to partner with local geospatial data professionals (which we
will help you find). These small awards are aimed to fund projects that
increase a library’s capacity as a key participant in their geospatial data
community. The grants are intended to be provided to and led by public
libraries in partnership with community geospatial data organizations.

For more information and to apply for funding, please take a look at our
Request for Proposals here:
https://sites.google.com/pdx.edu/imls-gis-toolkit/request-for-proposals

If you have any questions, please email Nancee Hunter at nhunter at pdx.edu

<https://sites.google.com/pdx.edu/imls-gis-toolkit/home?authuser=0>