[Libs-Or] Job Posting: Community Librarian - Youth @ Deschutes Public Library (Oregon)

Chandra vanEijnsbergen chandrav at dpls.lib.or.us
Wed Jul 6 15:18:48 PDT 2022

Are you passionate about librarianship for ages 6-14? Are you enthusiastic and have great ideas about the future of outreach and community engagement for public libraries? Have you been looking for an active, dynamic public library team? Then we're looking for YOU. Deschutes Public Library is accepting applications for a Community Librarian to chiefly serve our elementary and middle school populations and their families<https://www.deschuteslibrary.org/about/employment/>, with support to our whole Community Librarian team, bilingual in English and Spanish strongly desired. The Library offers a 6% pay differential for fluency in ASL or Spanish, provided those skills are within the position's scope of work.

Our Community Librarians:

  *   Adopt a community engagement mindset and assume leadership roles in developing inclusive and equitable relationships with schools, community groups, agencies and non-profits that serve elementary and middle school children and their families, and identified target populations.
  *   Plan and deliver programs and services both in branch and out in the community that serve the interest and needs of elementary and middle school children and their families.
  *   As the elementary and middle school expert for the library, this position will also be heavily involved in shaping the future of programs, spaces, and initiatives at DPL and training and supporting paraprofessional staff and branch needs.
  *   Proactively assesses the needs of elementary and middle school children and their families in Deschutes County and recommends services and resources the library should provide to address those needs.
For more information, and for two other open positions at Deschutes Public Library, please visit our employment page<https://www.deschuteslibrary.org/about/employment/>.

Chandra vanEijnsbergen
Youth Services Supervisor
Deschutes Public Library