[Libs-Or] How do you survey patrons/users and evaluate services?

DAVID Emily edavid at springfield-or.gov
Thu Jul 28 18:37:10 PDT 2022

Hello,
I am in the process of reviewing the public library standards where we do not meet the essential or enhanced indicators with our Library Advisory Board. Several of these have to do with surveying (e.g. surveying community diversity) or evaluating (e.g. evaluate patron satisfaction with services on a regular basis). My question to the group is how often are you surveying your patrons/users? What method do you use? Do you have one survey that covers everything or different surveys for different subjects?  Can it be anecdotal - what we observe and hear?

I'd appreciate any information people are willing to share on how they are meeting these types of standards. It feels like we'll do a survey and then all of a sudden it has been 5 years since it happened. Staff capacity is definitely an issue for us, so I'd love to develop a formula that gets us the information we need and is not too time-consuming.

Thank you in advance for any ideas shared.

Emily David  (she/her)
Library and Museum Director
Springfield Public Library
225 5th Street
Springfield, OR 97477
541-726-2235
wheremindsgrow.org<http://wheremindsgrow.org/>
Springfield-Museum.com<http://www.springfield-museum.com/>

[cid:image001.png at 01D8A2AE.80D595C0]

[SPL_facebook-icon_WEB]<https://www.facebook.com/springfieldpubliclibrary/?ref=sgm>  [SPL_twitter-icon_WEB] <https://twitter.com/wheremindsgrow>   [SPL_instagram-icon_WEB] <https://www.instagram.com/spl_wheremindsgrow/>
Please let me know if you need information provided in another format.
For more information: http://www.springfield-or.gov/accessibility.html