[Libs-Or] Civics workshops Mar 10 and 23! Misinformation and Constitution

dcohen at hevanet.com dcohen at hevanet.com
Tue Mar 8 19:08:07 PST 2022

Misinformation, Fake News and Political Propaganda

Thursday, March 10                      6-7:30

[Sponsor: Oregon City PL] Register:

 <https://orcity-library.libcal.com/calendar/events/civicsworkshop?hs=a>
https://orcity-library.libcal.com/calendar/events/civicsworkshop?hs=a

"Very good, solid information - This is what all Americans need to know."

"I consider myself a well-informed citizen but I learned a great deal of new
information"

*  Mainstream press and "fake news"

*  Social Media posts

*  Email clickbait

*  Propaganda

*  Language / terminology

*  Deepfakes

*  Survey / poll questions

*  Economic data

*  Graphs and charts

*  Finding good information

The Constitution: Fulfilling Democracy's Promise? -

Democracy, The Constitution and Representation

Saturday, March 23 7-8:30

[Sponsor Lake Oswego] Register:

<https://www.ci.oswego.or.us/library/online-constitution-fulfilling-democrac
ys-promise?date=0>
https://www.ci.oswego.or.us/library/online-constitution-fulfilling-democracy
s-promise?date=0

We'll look at the Constitution's creation, trace major changes to its
interpretation, and examine its current structural limitations.

"Well organized, excellent information!"

"Loved it...well-rounded, wide array of examples!"

*  Status of democracy

*  Early America

*  Forming a country / Bill of Rights

*  Structural issues / representation

*  Interpreting the Constitution

*  Changes needed?

Donna L Cohen, MLIS, MEd

Portland, Oregon

503-737-1425

dcohen at hevanet.com <mailto:dcohen at hevanet.com>

Civics for Adults - and Others - Workshops: To Enhance Civic Knowledge and
Inspire Political Engagement

Webpage www.civicthinker.info <http://www.civicthinker.info>

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Civics-for-Adults-1490728887922036/

"My philosophy is very simple. When you see something that is not fair, not
right, not just - stand up, say something, speak up!" Rep. John Lewis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6lzPpqc2WY