[Libs-Or] MCL is hosting a space at PLA!

Shawn Cunningham shawnc at multcolib.org
Fri Mar 18 10:27:29 PDT 2022

Dear Oregon library colleagues,

If you're attending PLA next week, please consider stopping by a space
we're hosting to highlight some of the work underway at our library
to center equity and inclusion. We hope to see you there!

Several MCL staff members are attending the 2022 Public Library Association
conference in Portland next week to share some of our systemwide work to
center equity, inclusion and belonging as the foundation for lasting,
transformational change -- including our efforts around outreach, community
engagement, recruitment, communications and more. We will also host a BIPOC
affinity space for conference attendees. Staff are sharing visual and
in-person presentations (schedule below), and architects from our bond
design teams will give a sneak peak of that work. Stop by rooms B110-B112
and say hello if you're attending PLA!

*Wednesday March 23*
10:00 am–11:00 am Equitable community engagement
11:15 am–noon  MCL’s Protected Identities Space (a staff-driven effort to
create a decompression space for BIPOC staff)
3:00 pm–4:00 pm  Bienvenidos a la Lectura / Welcome to Reading program

*Thursday, March 24*
10:00 am–11:30 am  Equity in outreach
2:00 pm–4:00 pm  Equity in recruitment

*Friday, March 25*
10:00 am–11:15 am  Using an equity lens (workshop)

Shawn

*Shawn Cunningham *(he/him)
*Director of Communications and Strategic Initiatives*
Multnomah County Library <https://multcolib.org/>
Cell: 503.781.5410
shawnc at multcolib.org