[Libs-Or] Fwd: Develop and Sustain Universally Accessible Online Environments

Max Macias max.macias at gmail.com
Tue May 3 06:57:37 PDT 2022

*FYI*

*White Paper: “Course Design Considerations for Inclusion and
Representation”*
Dr. Racheal Brooks and Dr. Siobahn Day Grady of North Carolina Central
University examine how course design practices help create safe, inclusive
and equitable experiences for all online learners.
Highlights include:

   - Evidence-based best practices for creating and sustaining universally
   accessible environments online.
   - Models for developing inclusive course design, including Universal
   Design for Learning (UDL) and Design Thinking.
   - Research on the importance of incorporating DEI into online course
   design and the disadvantages many learners experience when they are not
   present