[Libs-Or] Crook County Library - Think Out Loud today

Erin (Rinny) Lakin erinl at multcolib.org
Wed May 25 14:58:10 PDT 2022

Hello April,

    I was so proud of how you represented public libraries on Think Out
Loud! Thank you for conveniently forgetting what the title of the book was
and focusing on what the parent objected to instead. You nailed it!

    The idea of working with local schools to create student cards is
working really well in Multnomah County. We call it library connect
<https://multcolib.org/libraryconnect>. Parents can opt out directly to
their school. If the patron comes in outside of school we can upgrade their
account to a regular library account. It doesn't get at the parent's
concern about the child being allowed to check out whatever they want
through the public library on a school trip, but it gives the parent a way
to see what is checked out by logging in as the child or updating the
contact information so they receive the notices.

Good work!
*Rinny Lakin*
*Library Clerk+*
Multnomah County Library