[Libs-Or] Free Seeds for your community garden or seed library

Lisa Power lisap at wccls.org
Tue Oct 25 12:31:45 PDT 2022

Good afternoon,

I'm reaching out for a couple of reasons.

1.     The Winona Grange located in Tualatin Oregon has seeds. Each year they receive unsold seeds from Bi-Mart.   The grange sorts and boxes seeds, sending them to organizations that either grow food for people, or distribute seeds i.e. community gardens, schools, seed libraries, etc...  Each box has about 250 packets of vegetables, flowers and herbs.  They ask for $20 for shipping.  If interested, contact Marilyn Reiher. m_reiher at comcast.net<mailto:m_reiher at comcast.net>  Marilyn has asked me to pass this info along to anyone I thought could use it.  Feel free to share!

2.     I manage a seed library at the Banks Public Library, and would love to find and stay in contact with other libraries in Oregon that have seed libraries.  I think it would be great to keep in contact to share ideas, strategies, and resources like the one above.

Let me know if you have any questions. :)

Have a great day,

Lisa Power
Library Assistant
Banks Public Library