[Libs-Or] Network of the National Library of Medicine (NNLM) Region 5 Library Carpentry Workshop: December 2022

Carolyn M Martin martinc4 at uw.edu
Thu Oct 27 09:18:33 PDT 2022

Hello everyone,

The Network of the National Library of Medicine (NNLM) Region 5<https://www.nnlm.gov/about/regions/region5> is excited to announce we will be hosting a Library Carpentry Workshop in December of 2022.
The December session will be December 13 - 15, 12:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. PT. Registration to apply<https://www.nnlm.gov/training/class/region-5-library-carpentry-workshop-december-2022-session> will close Monday, November 21st, 6:00 p.m. PT. Notification of your registration approval and the Zoom link will be provided by Wednesday, November 23rd, 6:00 p.m. PT.

This workshop has 25 spots available. We will give priority to those from Region 5 states (Alaska, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, and U.S. Territories and Freely Associated States); however, if we are not able to fill all 25 spots with Region 5 participants we will be accepting non-Region 5 registrants on a first come first serve basis.

The Library Carpentry workshops are open to all, and the training will focus on skills for library workers. We encourage anyone interested in Library Carpentry skills to register, no prior knowledge is needed. Library Carpentry focuses on building software and data skills within library and information-related communities. Their hands-on, approachable workshops empower people in a variety of roles to use software and data in their own work and support effective, efficient, reproducible practices. Learn more about Library Carpentry on their website<https://librarycarpentry.org/about/>.

For more information on the December 2022 Region 5 Library Carpentry Workshop, please visit our Region 5 Blog post<https://news.nnlm.gov/region_5/dec2022-lc-workshop/>.  Any questions about the Library Carpentry workshops can be directed to nnlm at uw.edu<mailto:nnlm at uw.edu>

Carolyn Martin, MLS, AHIP | Outreach and Education Coordinator
Network of the National Library of Medicine (NNLM) Region 5
University of Washington Health Sciences Library
Box 357155
Seattle, WA 98195-7155
martinc4 at uw.edu<mailto:martinc4 at uw.edu>
https://nnlm.gov/