[Libs-Or] Brooklyn Public Library has issued 5, 100 free library cards to make banned books available for teens

Max Macias max.macias at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 14:13:18 PDT 2022

"As some public and school libraries pulled books from their shelves
earlier this year, New York City’s Brooklyn Public Library
<https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/26/us/brooklyn-library-banned-books-access/index.html>
 made access to thousands of books easier for teens across the country.

In the past several months, the Brooklyn Public Library has issued more
than 5,100 free electronic library cards to young people nationwide, Nick
Higgins, the library’s chief librarian told CNN."

You can read the rest of the article here
<https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/15/us/brooklyn-library-banned-books-access-reaj/index.html>
.

Thank you,

Max

--
-
Max Macias [image: A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in

Social media is mind control.

The ideas expressed in these emails in no way represent any organization's
viewpoints, or opinions.  The opinions, ideas and reflections are my own
personal intellectual property.

Publishing

Lowrider Librarian <http://lowriderlibrarian.blogspot.com/>
Librarians With Spines  <https://www.librarianswithspines.com/>