[Libs-Or] Oregon Presenters Directory - Suggestions Needed

Jaime Thoreson ThoresonJ at SherwoodOregon.gov
Thu Sep 15 17:38:47 PDT 2022

Greetings from the Oregon Library Presenters Directory Committee--

This is a call for recommendations!

[Cue the confetti and balloons.]

We are close to launching an online Oregon Library Presenters Directory populated with performers, workshop presenters, and other programs catering to libraries and we call upon the Oregon library community to help us populate this directory with recommended presenters.

Have someone in mind? Interested to know when you will be able to access the directory? Read on!

Best of all, and unlike the former Performers Showcase, this directory will be for all audiences. The website will have a portal for library staff to search and browse lists of presenters and performers, and another portal for performers to submit their information and recorded example of their program.

Here’s what to do:

· Spread the word to presenters you recommend so they can add themselves to the directory.

· Share with colleagues you know who work with presenters.

· Give them this https://tinyurl.com/bdfy7jv5

· Let them know it’s free and will be shared with all libraries in Oregon.

· Repeat!

We are looking for workshops, musicians, performers, and presenters for babies, kids, teens, adults, parents, etc. The sooner we get a critical mass of submissions, the sooner the directory will go live. We will send out a notice to Kids-Lib and Libs-Or letting everyone know it’s ready to use.

Thanks for your contributions to this directory!

After months of collaborating, brainstorming, and creating the infrastructure, we are excited to populate the directory together and share it widely very soon.

Reach out to us if you have questions.

Sincerely,

Anna Bruce

Youth Services Librarian

Happy Valley Library

503-783-3464

annab at happyvalleyor.gov

Jaime Thoreson (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Librarian II
Sherwood Public Library
(503) 625-4276
thoresonj at sherwoodoregon.gov

This email may contain confidential information or privileged material and is intended for use solely by the above referenced recipient. Any review, copying, printing, disclosure, distribution, or other use by any other person or entity is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. If you are not the named recipient, or believe you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the City of Sherwood at (503) 625-5522 and delete the copy you received.