[Libs-Or] Add a book to Wikipedia! Event at the Valley Library on April 21. All are invited.

Bridges, Laurie laurie.bridges at oregonstate.edu
Fri Apr 14 11:24:45 PDT 2023

Hello from the Valley Library!

Ever wondered how to edit and add information to Wikipedia? Want to help fight censorship and support authors? Join us on Friday, April 21st and add a book to Wikipedia at Oregon State University’s Valley Library! We will join librarians, booklovers, and Wikipedians worldwide by adding quality content to Wikipedia about books during the month of April as part of the #EveryBookItsReader<https://diff.wikimedia.org/2023/03/07/introducing-everybookitsreader-a-new-wikimedia-campaign/> campaign. Snacks will be provided, so please register. https://guides.library.oregonstate.edu/books

This is a small sampling of books that have been added this month as part of #EveryBookItsReader:

Love in the Library https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_in_the_Library
Banned Book Club https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banned_Book_Club
Džuvljarke: Roma Lesbian Experience https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C5%BEuvljarke:_Roma_Lesbian_Existence
Red, White, & Blue (libro) https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red,_White_%26_Royal_Blue_(libro)
Discuro sobre el colonialismo: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discurso_sobre_el_colonialismo
Contra el silencio: Lenguas originarias y justicia lingüística: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contra_el_silencio:_Lenguas_originarias_y_justicia_ling%C3%BC%C3%ADstica

Laurie

Laurie Bridges, MS, MLIS
Instruction and Outreach Librarian / Professor
Oregon State University Libraries and Press
Corvallis, OR 97330
She/her