[Libs-Or] LEO Executive Director Stephanie Chase elected to the American Library Association's Executive Board

Valerie Stephenson southernwascolibrary at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 15:24:21 PDT 2023

I would like to ask you all to join me in congratulating Stephanie on her
election to the American Library Association's Executive Board. The
Executive Board is the group that is responsible for fiscal and policy
oversight of the Association.

Stephanie has been serving on the Public Library Association's Board of
Directors and the ALA Council since 2017, and will take up her position on
the Executive Board in July 2023 when her PLA term ends. We're so proud at
LEO to continue to have an advocate for small and rural libraries (and West
Coast libraries) as part of the member leadership of ALA. With everything
happening in libraries right now, I know Stephanie would tell me to not
hesitate to contact her — we in Oregon have such an opportunity to share
our stories, concerns, and ideas with ALA.

Valerie Stephenson
Library Director
Southern Wasco County Library
507 Grant Ave/PO Box 328