[Libs-Or] Used compact shelving - advice

Robin Hartman rhartman at bushnell.edu
Fri Aug 4 11:45:41 PDT 2023

Dear Oregon Librarians,
I am the new (9 months ago) librarian at Bushnell University in Eugene - and new to Oregon. We have nearly cleared out all of our print periodicals since I started. Now we have a roomful of compact shelving to dismantle and offer to a good home. (We have about 10 sections on runners that are in great shape.) I found a website that sells used compact shelving so I was going to contact them, but I wonder if anyone out there in Libs-Or land has done this and have any recommendations. Ideally, I would like to have someone come and uninstall them at no cost to us. I'm thinking that someone will be able to use them (or sell them at a profit) for the cost of labor to remove them. Am I being naïve?

Suggestions? Comments?
Thanks!
Robin

[Bushnell University Logo with Beacon Icon]

Robin Hartman, MA, MLIS
Library Director
p 541-684-7278
828 E 11th Avenue, Eugene, OR 97401