[Libs-Or] Examples of downtown group/library collaborations needed!

WEIBLE Arlene * SLO Arlene.WEIBLE at slo.oregon.gov
Mon Aug 21 15:07:01 PDT 2023

The State Library of Oregon staff are seeking examples of partnerships or collaborations between libraries and downtown or local visitor associations. We will be doing a presentation at the Oregon Main Street Conference<https://www.oregon.gov/oprd/oh/pages/omsconference.aspx> in October about library partnerships and would love to pass along some examples to help inspire conference participants to reach out to their local library!

For example, we know that the Cook Memorial Library in La Grande recently partnered with their local Main Street group<https://www.facebook.com/CookMemLib/posts/pfbid02EvTiptYyRZwv3gRrg852S8iapZStDzbXTbCSBdtwcmsyuTfMJH3g3HjLPfVNNGqVl> on a book-oriented scavenger hunt encouraging kids to visit both the library and downtown businesses.

Have you collaborated with local businesses around community events?

Promoted downtown events in your library?

Helped a local group with a downtown or business district revitalization project?

Partnered with your local Main Street group to win a grant?

Successes? Failures? Words of wisdom? We welcome it all!

You can read more about Oregon's Main Street network<https://www.oregon.gov/oprd/OH/Pages/OMS.aspx> on their web site.

Thanks!

Arlene Weible, MLS (she/her/hers)
Electronic Services Consultant
Oregon Federal Regional Depository Coordinator
State Library of Oregon
arlene.weible at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:arlene.weible at slo.oregon.gov> | 503-378-5020 | http://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries
Follow us: Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryOR/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/statelibraryor> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[State Library of Oregon Logo]