[Libs-Or] Added resource for your patrons who may want to run for PDX City Council! RE: Civics for Adults Update Dec 2023 - good resources!

dcohen at hevanet.com dcohen at hevanet.com
Sun Dec 10 11:27:04 PST 2023

For those interested in running for City Council in Portland for its brand
new form of government? The city is holding "learning sessions" for
potential candidates:

Candidate Learning Sessions

Starting in January of 2024, the City will offer learning sessions for
anyone interested in running for office. The first two sessions will be
introductory and attempt to cover all of the things new or veteran
candidates might need to know, including:

Campaign Finance

Public Funding of Campaigns

Filing for the Ballot

Voter's Pamphlets

Resources for Candidates

and a lot more!

We will have guest speakers from Multnomah County, the Secretary of State's
Office, Small Donor Elections, and the City's Transition Team. Come ready to
learn and ask as many questions as you want.

There will be two sessions in January. One live session on January 8th and a
virtual session on January 10th. Click on the link below to see the details
and to register for one of the events: [Note: on this page, scroll down:
<https://www.portland.gov/elections/city-office-candidacy?fbclid=IwAR3tTl27s
U8NuKGVfvXO15Edy5CKK0gJs4kCRRljhMrBVPr-byDkJoCOTfk>
https://www.portland.gov/elections/city-office-candidacy ]

We look forward to seeing you and if you have any questions prior to the
event, feel free to send them to our inbox at elections at portlandoregon.gov.

Donna

Donna L Cohen, MLIS, MEd

Portland, Oregon

503-737-1425

 <mailto:dcoheninfo at comcast.net> dcoheninfo at comcast.net

Civics for Adults - and Others - Workshops: To Enhance Civic Knowledge and
Inspire Political Engagement

Webpage  <http://www.civicthinker.info/> www.civicthinker.info

Facebook  <https://www.facebook.com/Civics-for-Adults-1490728887922036/>
https://www.facebook.com/Civics-for-Adults-1490728887922036/

"My philosophy is very simple. When you see something that is not fair, not
right, not just - stand up, say something, speak up!" Rep. John Lewis
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6lzPpqc2WY>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6lzPpqc2WY