[Libs-Or] OLA Children's Services Division Mock Geisel Workshop Updates & More

Sophia Beltran sophia.beltran at tigard-or.gov
Fri Dec 29 15:36:22 PST 2023

Please excuse the cross-post

Missed the December Mock Geisel Workshop? Not a problem! We've added the notes<https://www.csdola.org/blog/mock-geisel-updates-more> from the event to the OLA CSD website for those who couldn't attend. The messages in the chat were also saved. There's also still time to sign up for the second workshop in the two part series on January 13, 2024 from 10:00am to 3:00pm! It is not required to attend both workshops. You can register for the second workshop here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe2KZB7cxKgBLlimCYCpL4U2zU77QO27oqmHrk6ug7UcTtHtQ/viewform>.

Part Two (Jan. 13 10:00am-3:00pm) will center around mock discussions about our shortlist of titles<https://multcolib.bibliocommons.com/list/share/2155271689_multcolib_alecc/2416456119_csd_mock_geisel_2024>, offering participants hands-on experience using the award criteria to evaluate books in moderated discussion with peers. There will also be snacks, door prizes, and time to connect with colleagues. There will be an hour break for participants to find lunch in the downtown Eugene Area. As a grand finale, vote for Oregon's Mock Geisel Award and Honor Winners for 2024. We encourage participants to attend in person, however, there is also a virtual option.

csdwebeditor at olaweb.org<mailto:csdwebeditor at olaweb.org>
Website: http://www.csdola.org/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/csdola/
Instagram:
 https://www.instagram.com/olacsd/
--
Sophia Beltrán
Bilingual Youth Librarian

Work Schedule
Tuesdays-Saturdays

[cid:image001.png at 01DA3A6C.C62603B0]

DISCLAIMER: E-mails sent or received by City of Tigard employees are subject to public record laws. If requested, e-mail may be disclosed to another party unless exempt from disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law. E-mails are retained by the City of Tigard in compliance with the Oregon Administrative Rules "City General Records Retention Schedule."