[Libs-Or] Defend Black History, Defend Black Lives: By Haymarket Books

Max Macias max.macias at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 13:14:24 PST 2023

I have two *Black History Month* book recommendations.

They are not free but should be in your library collection:

1.

*We Will Return In The Whirlwind: Black Radical Organizations 1960-1975
<https://www.amazon.com/Will-Return-Whirlwind-Organizations-1960-1975/dp/0882863142>*

by Muhammad Ahmad
<https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_byline_sr_book_1?ie=UTF8&field-author=Muhammad+Ahmad&text=Muhammad+Ahmad&sort=relevancerank&search-alias=books>
 (Author), Maxwell Stanford Jr.
<https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_byline_sr_book_2?ie=UTF8&field-author=Maxwell+Stanford+Jr.&text=Maxwell+Stanford+Jr.&sort=relevancerank&search-alias=books>
 (Author)

Publisher ‏ : ‎ Charles H Kerr; First Edition (March 1, 2007)

Language ‏ : ‎ English

Paperback ‏ : ‎ 340 pages

ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 0882863142

ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-0882863146

2.
Look for Me in the Whirlwind: From the Panther 21 to 21st-Century
Revolutions
<https://www.amazon.com/Look-Me-Whirlwind-21st-Century-Revolutions/dp/1629633895/ref=sr_1_1>
by Sekou Odinga
<https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_byline_sr_book_1?ie=UTF8&field-author=Sekou+Odinga&text=Sekou+Odinga&sort=relevancerank&search-alias=books>
 (Author), Dhoruba Bin Wahad
<https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_byline_sr_book_2?ie=UTF8&field-author=Dhoruba+Bin+Wahad&text=Dhoruba+Bin+Wahad&sort=relevancerank&search-alias=books>
 (Author), Jamal Joseph
<https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_byline_sr_book_3?ie=UTF8&field-author=Jamal+Joseph&text=Jamal+Joseph&sort=relevancerank&search-alias=books>
 (Author), Matt Meyer
<https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_byline_sr_book_4?ie=UTF8&field-author=Matt+Meyer&text=Matt+Meyer&sort=relevancerank&search-alias=books>
 (Editor), déqui kioni-sadiki
<https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_byline_sr_book_5?ie=UTF8&field-author=d%C3%A9qui+kioni-sadiki&text=d%C3%A9qui+kioni-sadiki&sort=relevancerank&search-alias=books>
 (Editor), Mumia Abu-Jamal
<https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_byline_sr_book_6?ie=UTF8&field-author=Mumia+Abu-Jamal&text=Mumia+Abu-Jamal&sort=relevancerank&search-alias=books>
 (Afterword), Imam Jamil Al-Amin
<https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_byline_sr_book_7?ie=UTF8&field-author=Imam+Jamil+Al-Amin&text=Imam+Jamil+Al-Amin&sort=relevancerank&search-alias=books>
 (Foreword)

   - Publisher ‏ : ‎ PM Press (August 15, 2017)
   - Language ‏ : ‎ English
   - Paperback ‏ : ‎ 648 pages
   - ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 1629633895
   - ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-1629633893