[Libs-Or] PCC Clear Clinic...

Max Macias max.macias at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 11:55:36 PST 2023

[Please share with your communities!]

Clinic hours

The CLEAR Clinic is now offering in-person legal clinic hours!

   - Location: PCC Cascade, Terrell Hall, Room 203 (map here
   <https://www.pcc.edu/locations/cascade/>) – payment or a parking permit
   is required <https://www.pcc.edu/transportation/> in PCC parking lots
   - Walk-in Clinic Hours:
      - DACA Renewals and Immigration Legal Screenings: Tuesdays 12 to 4pm
      - Expungements: Fridays 12 to 4pm

Additional services available through the PCC CLEAR Clinic:

   - To get navigated into the Equity Corps of Oregon program and access
   the CLEAR Clinic’s limited scope deportation defense legal services,
   please call our partner Pueblo Unido at: 503-360-0324
   - To access the CLEAR Clinic’s eviction defense legal services (if you
   have been issued a termination notice by your landlord, or if you have an
   eviction court case pending,) please contact the Eviction Legal Defense
   Project as soon as possible, by filling out the Eviction Legal Defense
   Project web form
   <https://oregonlawcenter.org/eviction-defense-project/#reachout> or
   calling 888-585-9638

About the CLEAR Clinic

Welcome to the PCC CLEAR (Community Legal & Educational Access & Referral)
Clinic! The CLEAR Clinic is a free legal clinic at PCC Cascade in North
Portland, providing the following free legal services to Oregonians:

   - Criminal record and eviction expungements;
   - Eviction legal defense for Portland residents;
   - DACA renewals and immigration legal screenings;
   - Limited scope deportation defense;
   - Legal name and gender-marker changes; and
   - Other advice and referrals for legal services, PCC resources, and
   community-based resources.

The CLEAR Clinic aims to help PCC community members reduce barriers to
employment, housing, education and well-being. We are dedicated to
increasing access to justice and addressing the lasting impact of
disproportionate law enforcement on people of color and low-income
communities.

Additionally, the CLEAR Clinic offers a seamless transition to education
and career training at PCC by partnering with credit and non-credit
academic programs and wrap-around supports like Workforce Development,
Adult Basic Education, English for Speakers of Other Languages, and the
Dreamers Resource Center. The Clinic also partners with a variety of
community-based organizations to holistically support participants.

All of our legal services are free and accessible to everyone in the
community (though filing fees may apply).
Purpose

The purpose of the PCC CLEAR Clinic is to tear down the legal barriers that
keep our community from enjoying the benefit of each members’ full
participation.
Vision

We acknowledge our state and nation’s devastating history of white
supremacy both within and outside the legal system; our vision is to clear
our community members’ legal obstacles that arise from oppressive systems,
and to work toward ending those systems entirely.
Mission

The CLEAR Clinic creates and fosters a PCC community that values all of its
members and allows each person to shine their brightest, without being held
back by legal issues. We help our community clear their records, clear up
their housing and immigration issues, and clear their paths forward through
free legal services and advocacy.
Values

   - Every human being has inherent value. We strive to treat everyone who
   comes through our doors with dignity and respect, and provide legal
   services that help promote the value of each person.
   - Legal advocacy is critical for social and racial justice. We focus on
   reducing barriers to success and well-being and addressing historical
   injustice by providing access to essential legal services.
   - Charging clients for legal services is an inherent barrier to
   accessing justice. Eliminating fees for our work increases equity and
   accessibility of legal services that support our community’s basic needs.
   - Community resilience is possible through collaboration. We believe
   that our responsibility to the community goes beyond the college’s doors.
   We carry this responsibility through, among other things, the hands-on
   legal work we do in the Clinic and our community partnerships that provide
   wraparound support and community care.
   - Fostering curiosity and growth provides opportunities for student
   leadership development. We are honored to provide experiential learning
   opportunities for PCC students through legal services leadership programs.
   - Responding to harm or violations of the law does not require us to
   rely on incarceration and punishment. We work towards a society where
   immigration is not criminalized, and our response to harm or legal
   violations is repair not punishment.

Clear Clinic  <https://www.pcc.edu/clear-clinic/>
--
-
Max Macias [image: A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in

Social media is mind control.

The ideas expressed in these emails in no way represent any organization's
viewpoints, or opinions.  The opinions, ideas and reflections are my own
personal intellectual property.

Publishing

Lowrider Librarian <http://lowriderlibrarian.blogspot.com/>
Librarians With Spines  <https://www.librarianswithspines.com/>