[Libs-Or] Training Opportunities

HANNING Darci C * SLO Darci.HANNING at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Jun 2 10:19:59 PDT 2023

Greetings!

I'm passing along the following webinar and another training opportunity for those interested:

The Fight Against Book Bans: How do we Move Forward?
Wednesday, June 14 at 11:00 am PT
Register for free at: https://www.nicheacademy.com/the-fight-against-book-bans

Book challenges and bans have been on the rise across the nation since 2020, especially in public and school libraries. Many librarians have faced these challenges with courage and commitment to the principles of intellectual freedom and access to information, while others have yet to deal with this issue.

In this presentation, Shannon Oltmann will refresh our understanding of intellectual freedom, explore the rise in book challenges, consider how to respond to challenges, and draw on the experiences and perspectives of other library professionals.

If you're interested but not able to attend the live webinar, go ahead and register. We'll send a recording to all registrants after the fact.

Workshop Training Opportunity: Moving Inclusion & Equity into Action
Tuesday June 27, 1 - 2:45pm PT on Zoom
Cost for OETA members: $35
Cost for non-OETA members: $45
Event Registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/oeta-training-opportunity<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/oeta-training-opportunity-moving-inclusion-equity-into-action-workshop-tickets-638270001757>

Conversations about diversity, equity, and inclusion are common in many workplaces across the State of Oregon and the country. DEI, EDI, EDIB - there is no shortage of terms or acronyms used to describe the steps people and institutions are taking to create more inclusive and accessible workplaces.

But what does it all mean?

The Oregon Employment and Training Association (OETA) and Construct the Present invite you to join us for a statewide workshop on Equity and Inclusion in the workplace. If you're ready to take on DEI work, but have little experience or need a refresher, this workshop will give you the foundational knowledge needed to start your DEI work and engage in a growing national conversation. Participants will leave understanding what Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging in the workplace means, and will leave with some helpful tools to begin these conversations with colleagues, friends, and family.

Cheers,
Darci Hanning, MLIS (she/her/hers)
Public Library Consultant / CE Coordinator
Continuing Education Resources: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/conted

State Library of Oregon | Library Support and Development Services
971-375-3491 | darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov> | www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow @StateLibraryOR: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[cid:image002.png at 01D9953A.DB872810]