[Libs-Or] State Budget bill passes

CORNELISEN Wendy * SLO Wendy.CORNELISEN at slo.oregon.gov
Wed Jun 21 10:43:57 PDT 2023

With the quorum now met, the Senate moved the State Library’s Budget bill SB 5518<https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2023R1/Measures/Overview/SB5518> thru its third reading last week, and with a suspension of the rules, all three readings passed the House yesterday!

This budget includes all the major things we asked for:

  *   Making the Answerland Coordinator position permanent
  *   Creating a new position in Library Support that will focus on assisting libraries across the state with DEI work
  *   Adding a Librarian position in Talking Books, to further outreach efforts

As well as the updates to our Key Performance Measures that will help better explain our work to our funders.

Thank you so much for your support during this process! I know that your efforts making sure the hearing room was full in February, along with in-person visits and emails to legislators, were a key part of this success. I’m so grateful for your continued advocacy.

Thanks,

Wendy

Wendy Cornelisen (she, her, hers)
State Librarian
State Library of Oregon
wendy.cornelisen at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:wendy.cornelisen at slo.oregon.gov>
Office: 503-378-4367| Mobile 971-375-3992
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
[image001.png]