[Libs-Or] Engage and discuss at the OLA Conference

OLA Conference Programs olaprograms at olaweb.org
Mon Mar 6 16:46:09 PST 2023

We'd like to ask for your help. The OLA Conference Committee will be
inviting conference attendees to try something a little different -
Discussion Sessions. These will be "no presenter" sessions in which people
with a shared interest in a topic will grapple with questions and themes
together, sharing what they know and learning from everyone's expertise.

DISCUSSION SESSION INTEREST FORM
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScEwa5YXeoQ9O_yjzOcPhDWtyonufxeLEo44K4Bu7UGxYG6Iw/viewform?usp=sf_link>

There are two ways you can get involved NOW:

1) Offer to be a session facilitator. We're looking for 1-3 people
interested in each discussion topic to greet people and share out questions
to get conversations started (look below - we'll provide you with suggested
questions!) We just need you to be willing - and at the conference during
the session. Here are the topics and sessions times/dates:

   - *For BIPOC Staff Only* - 2:15-3:30 p.m. Thursday, April 20
   - *Mental Health Services* - 4-5:15 p.m. Thursday, April 20
   - *Special Libraries* - 3:45-5 p.m. Friday, April 21
   - *Academic Libraries* - 3:45-5 p.m. Friday, April 21
   - *Public Libraries* - 8:45-10 a.m. Saturday, April 22
   - *School Libraries* - 11 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Saturday, April 22

2) Suggest questions you would want to discuss during such a session.
Whether you can attend or not, share your ideas for engaging topics!

DISCUSSION SESSION INTEREST FORM
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScEwa5YXeoQ9O_yjzOcPhDWtyonufxeLEo44K4Bu7UGxYG6Iw/viewform?usp=sf_link>

Questions? Ask Sonja Somerville, 2023 OLA Conference Program Chair -
olaprograms at olaweb.org